Landlord’s insurance is one of the most important purchases a property investor can make. Sometimes, tenants do not always maintain your property as you would like them to, or there are unforseen events like storm and vandalism that can cause it damage. If you own a rental property then Landlord Insurance can assist in protecting your building, contents and the income your property generates.
A comprehensive Landlords insurance policy will provide cover for:
- Your rental building
- Other structures such as a garage, shed, pool and fencing
- Any personal property such as appliances, furniture, carpets and window coverings provided by you, for use by your tenants
- Loss of rent after an insured event
- Rent default by the tenant
- Legal liability to protect against the possibility of injury or death due to an owner’s negligence
Some policies also offer extra coverage in addition to the standard benefits listed above. If your investment property is in a flood prone area, for example, you may benefit from a policy that includes flood cover.
At Austbrokers SPT we understand how important your investment is to you. To learn more about protecting your rental property please contact us or complete our quotation request form. We will analyse your situation and help you choose the right insurance policy for your circumstances.