Workers Compensation insurance pays for workplace injury and illness. It is compulsory in each state of Australia and employers must hold a policy with a licensed insurer or Workcover. Handling the cost and statutory obligations of a workers compensation policy can be a significant challenge for any business, be it a large and complex organisation, or one taking its first steps.
At Austbrokers SPT, we have extensive experience dealing with the workers compensation system. We have tailored our services in this area with an emphasis on lowering premiums and reducing workplace hazards by:
- Reviewing employee classifications as some carry more risk
- Facilitating the identification of occupational health and safety issues
- Providing advice on risk management practices to minimise employee injury and illness
- Actively managing open claims and negotiating with insurers
- Providing assistance with wage declarations and premium calculations
- Advising on legislative changes
- Providing advice & support on all workers compensation matters
As an employer, adequate workers compensation cover with strategies to reduce workplace claims is critical to your business and the welfare of your workers. Please contact our office for further information or to request a review of your current arrangements.